Physio Pilates is a well-established method of exercise that is now also used extensively for rehabilitation after Injury. When taught by an appropriately qualified instructor, Physio Pilates is a safe and effective form of exercise and complements the medical management of many injuries
- Targets the deep abdominal, spinal and pelvic floor muscles, often referred to as ‘the core’
- Emphasises efficiency of movement and an understanding of how to move
- Assists in retraining the way you move
- Improves body awareness, muscle balance, movement control, strength and flexibility
Clinical Pilates is provided at LifeCare Oak Park Pilates by Physiotherapists who have completed significant post graduate training in Pilates Exercise Programming.
- LifeCare provides fully equipped Pilates facilities.
- LifeCare Pilates Physiotherapists provide personalised assessment and treatment programs.
- LifeCare Pilates is suitable for everyone, from the 10-year-old to the elderly, and can be adapted to suit all needs.
- Each client undertakes an initial Pilates Assessment with a Pilates Physiotherapist which may involve the use of Real Time Ultrasound to ensure correct muscle activation.
LifeCare Oak Park Pilates Physiotherapists can assist with:
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Lower back and pelvic pain
- Hip and knee pain
- Postural problems
- Improving sporting performance
- Chronic pain
- Rehabilitation after motor vehicle or work related accidents.
- Recovery from sports injuries
The Service is Eligible for Private Health Rebates. No referral is necessary, however bookings are essential.